Dogs are called man's best friend because they are loyal - always right by your side through life's ups and downs. That's one thing I love about dogs. But what does this have to do with financial planning?
I’ve been involved in taxation and financial planning for the past three decades, and I’ve been around dogs even longer. What I’ve learned from both is that a financial planner should be right by your side, too, guiding you through life’s tough decisions.
That’s what I love doing for people just like you. In fact, I got my first taste of this as a 15-year-old when my grandfather asked me to help take care of my grandmother when he was gone. He taught and modeled for me a life of responsible money choices, avoiding debt and planning and saving for the future.
I applied these principles to my own life and helped my grandmother move along in hers as a widow. And when she passed, I had the honor and responsibility of being her executor.
Not only did I get the chance to fulfill my grandparents’ wishes, but I also became convinced that this was the path for my life … helping as many people as I could navigate life with solid guidance and a freedom from financial worry.
In the past 30 years, I’ve worked hard to make life less hard for my clients, and I’ve learned a lot from each one. But when I’m not working, I enjoy boating, horseback riding, traveling and hiking with my husband, and … of course … our dog, Rangeley.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM
- Certified Public Accountant
- Rand Financial Planning, LLC: Investment Advisor Representative
- Marjorie L. Rand, CPA: Accountant
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Alliance of Comprehensive Planners
- Rutgers University: BS, Accounting
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: MS, Taxation